FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Why can’t activate my licence?
CHECKWIND requires an active internet connection to validate licence credentials and manage users. If you are behind a firewall or proxy, you may have trouble connecting to the Revolutio licence server. In such cases, you have some options:
- Allow CHECKWIND to access the internet through your firewall.
- Open standard HTTP (80) and HTTPS (443) ports.
- Allow access to revolutio.com.au and vip.timezonedb.com domains.
- CHECKWIND will display a notification warning if it detects a proxy; you can edit the proxy settings by clicking on the notification.
2. How do I use CHECKWIND to calculate wind parameters?
CHECKWIND is intended to be a simple as possible.
- Select the Structure Type and enter the associated parameters in the STRUCTURE menu.
- Enter an address, coordinates, or double-click on the map and CHECKWIND will determine the relevant site parameters at that point.
3. Why do the map tiles have the message “We are sorry, but we don’t have imagery at this zoom level for this region.”?
You will need to configure your network settings, proxy and/or firewall to allow access to Google Maps.
4. The terrain category/exposure category detection isn’t always totally accurate. What’s going on?
We’re dependent on the quality of Google Maps data for terrain category/exposure category detection. Most new structures are built in or near urban areas where map data tends to be more accurate, and for this reason the detection algorithm is catered towards getting the best possible answers for urban sites.
Regional sites may have less refined map data, leading the detection algorithm to provide less accurate results. However, their isolation usually makes determining the terrain category/exposure category straightforward by simply reviewing the satellite imagery.