Why can’t activate my licence?
CHECKSTEEL requires an active internet connection to validate licence credentials and manage users. If you are behind a firewall or proxy, you may have trouble connecting to the Revolutio licence server. In such cases, you have some options:
- Allow CHECKSTEEL to access the internet through your firewall.
- Open standard HTTP (80) and HTTPS (443) ports.
- Allow access to revolutio.com.au and vip.timezonedb.com domains.
- CHECKSTEEL will display a notification warning if it detects a proxy; you can edit the proxy settings by clicking on the notification.
How do I use CHECKSTEEL to calculate member capacities?
CHECKSTEEL is intended to be a simple as possible:
- Select the section Category (e.g. Universal Beam) and Type (e.g. Grade 350).
- In the DESIGN main tab, navigate between the relevant subtabs and enter all relevant design actions (e.g. Bending (x), or bending about the principal x-axis). Irrelevant or zero value design actions can be ignored.
- Click the DOCUMENT subtab to get a list of all the sections of that Category and Type and the design utilisation ratios for all relevant design action combinations.
- Select a particular section from the list on the right to view for a full design report for that section.
- That’s it!
What are the difference between AS 4100 and NZS 3404?
The selected design reference only affects the value of the steel elastic modulus (E) for member capacity calculations; AS 4100 assumes E = 200,000 MPa and NZS 3404 assumes E = 205,000 MPa. All other calculations (such as custom section properties) are treated identically. CHECKSTEEL does not currently cover the seismic provisions of NZS 3404 Section 12.
What is the purpose of the Load Case menu?
CHECKSTEEL allows you to add up to eight different load cases with different combinations of design actions for a particular section Category and Type. The “Default” load case is created automatically and can be renamed by clicking Edit.