THE DEFINITIVE MONOPOLE ANALYSIS AND DESIGN SOLUTION.
CHECKPOLE is the first commercially available integrated monopole analysis and design package. With our groundbreaking Google Maps integration, users can analyse and design telecommunications poles, lighting structures, power distribution poles and signage structures from tip to foundation in as little as 10 minutes. The easy to use interface makes it accessible to both engineers and non-technical users.
- Select from steel, timber, and concrete monopoles.
- Customise the shape, grade, length and taper in seconds.
- Add lap joints and include their effects in the analysis.
- Allowance for internal section loss for timber monopoles.
- Monopole library of containing over 200 standard GridComm, Rocla, and Transfield monopoles.
- Save, import, and export your own custom monopole library.
- Specify eight different unreinforced and reinforced opening types to EN 40-3-3.
- Automatic wind loading to AS/NZS 1170.2 and TIA-222-G utilising our groundbreaking Google Maps integration.
- AS/NZS 1170.2: Automatic Wind Region and Lee Zone determination.
- AS/NZS 1170.2: Terrain/Height Multiplier (Mz,cat) averaging.
- AS/NZS 1170.2: Automatic detection of structures for Shielding Multiplier (Ms) calculation.
- AS/NZS 1170.2: Automatic Topographic Multiplier (Mt) calculation.
- AS/NZS 1170.2: Automatic along-wind dynamic response analysis (Cdyn).
- TIA-222-G: Automatic Basic Wind Speed (V) determination.
- TIA-222-G: Directional Exposure Category (Kz) calculation.
- TIA-222-G: Automatic Topographic Multiplier (Kzt) calculation.
- Specify area loads, point loads, and linear loads.
- Ancillary design load wizard: specify the type, quantity, bearing and shielding of ancillary arrays.
- Headframe design load wizard.
- Sign design load wizard.
- Standard Optus loading library for greenfield sites.
- Ancillary library with over 400 standard antennas from Andrew, Argus, Kathrein, RFS and Tongyu.
- Save, import, and export your own custom ancillary library.
- Non-linear (second-order) analysis for moment, torsion, shear, axial, rotation and deflection.
- Elastic critical buckling analysis.
- Dynamic natural frequency analysis.
- Crosswind dynamic response analysis (vortex shedding).
- Monopole design to AS 4100, AS/NZS 4600, AS/NZS 7000, EN 40-3-3, NZS 3404, and TIA-222-G.
- Connection design including anchor bolts, base plate thickness and grout.
- Fatigue design to AS 4100 and AASHTO 2013.
- Foundation analysis and design with options for layered soil strata, plinths, eccentricity, soil overburden and minimum reinforcement.
- Comprehensive summary and detailed design reports cataloging all inputs, outputs and references for complete transparency.
- Export design parameters to drive CAD applications such as Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Navisworks.
- Export design parameters to Rocla design proformas.
- AS/NZS 1170.2: Automated Shielding Multiplier (Ms) calculation.
- AS/NZS 1170.3 & TIA-222-G: Automated ice load calculation.
- Pile foundation analysis and design.
- Export to general assembly and shop drawings to a variety of formats (.dwg, .dxf, .ipt, .iam, .ipj, .nwd, .nwf, .nwc).
- AASHTO 2013 Standard Specifications for Structural Supports for Highway Signs, Luminaries, and Traffic Signals
- ANSI/TIA-222-G-2005 Structural Standard for Antenna Supporting Structures and Antennas
- AS 1275-1985 Metric screw threads for fasteners
- AS 4100-1998 Steel structures
- AS 4100-1998 Steel structures – Commentary
- AS 5100.3-2004 Bridge design Part 3: Foundations and soil-supporting structures
- AS/NZS 1170.0:2002 Structural design actions Part 0: General principles
- AS/NZS 1170.1:2002 Structural design actions Part 1: Permanent, imposed and other actions
- AS/NZS 1170.2:2011 Structural design actions Part 2: Wind actions
- AS/NZS 1170.3:2003 Structural design actions Part 3: Snow and ice actions
- AS/NZS 3678 Structural steel – Hot-rolled plates, floorplates and slabs
- AS/NZS 4600:2005 Cold-formed steel structures
- AS/NZS 4600 Supplement 1:1998 Cold-formed steel structures – Commentary
- AS/NZS 4676:2000 Structural design requirements for utility service poles
- AS/NZS 7000:2010 Overhead line design – Detailed procedures
- ASCE/SEI 48-11 Design of Steel Transmission Pole Structures
- BS EN 1993-3-2-2006 Eurocode 3 – Design of steel structures – Part 3-2: Towers, masts and chimneys – Chimneys
- BS EN 40-3-3 Lighting columns Part 3-3 Design and verification – Verification by calculation
- CICIND 2002 Model Code for Steel Chimneys
- Horn 2011 Technical Manual 1 – Design of Monopole Bases
CHECKPOLE has over 350 registered users worldwide, representing the fields of construction, fabrication, power distribution, signage, structural engineering, and telecommunications.