CHECKWIND v2.1.0 is now live and can be downloaded here. New features and enhancements include:
- Improved Terrain Category detection to AS/NZS 1170.
- Lee zone maps for New Zealand now exactly match NIWA recommendations.
- Improved Topographic Multiplier (Mt) results to AS/NZS 1170.
- Improved Exposure Category detection to ASCE 7-10, ASCE 7-16, TIA-222-G and TIA-222-H.
- Improved Topographic Factor (Kzt) results to ASCE 7-10, ASCE 7-16, TIA-222-G and TIA-222-H.
CHECKWIND v2.0.0 is now live and can be downloaded here. New features and enhancements include:
- Automated Terrain Category and Terrain/Height Multiplier (Mz,cat) detection to AS/NZS 1170.
- Automated Exposure Category and Velocity Pressure Coefficient (Kz) detection to ASCE 7-10, ASCE 7-16, TIA-222-G and TIA-222-H.
- New “Viewer” mode for unlicenced users to explore sample files.
- New “Options” menu enables users to quickly change between Simple and Advanced interfaces.
- Override Directional Multiplier (Md) to AS/NZS 1170.
- Generate site reports for both “BUILDING” and “OTHER” structure types.
- Users will only be prompted to save an existing file if changes have been made.
Since opening the CHECKWIND beta in August of last year, over 500 users have supported us by downloading, sharing and providing feedback. It’s taken longer than we hoped to get to this point, but we think you’ll agree it was worth the wait. We listened to your feedback and have rewritten and improved nearly every aspect of the program, which is available to download here.
All users who participated in the beta will be supplied with a free 3 month licence active from today as a sign of our gratitude, and will receive instructions on activation in a separate email.
- A simple interface which streamlines inputs for non-technical users.
- An advanced interface for experienced users to tweak every parameter.
- Support for AS/NZS 1170, ASCE 7-10, TIA-222-G, ASCE 7-16, and TIA-222-H.
- Automatic Wind Region, Lee Zone and Basic Wind Speed determination based on NIWA maps and ATC Windspeed data.
- Automatic shielding structure detection for the Shielding Multiplier (Ms) to AS/NZS 1170.
- Improved Topography Multiplier (Mt) calculation to AS/NZS 1170 including better feature detection and filtering of non-relevant results.
- Improved Topography Factor (Kzt) calculation to ASCE 7-10, ASCE 7-16, TIA-222-G and TIA-222-H including better feature detection and filtering of non-relevant results.
- Generate site-specific PDF reports with satellite image overlays.
It’s not uncommon to hear engineers say “we assume everything is 1.0 because that’s conservative”. Until now, it’s been too hard to utilise terrain category averaging or shielding. With CHECKWIND, you can safely and transparently reduce your wind pressures by more than 50% compared with the more “traditional” approach by just identifying your site on the map.
As of today, the CHECKWIND beta is open to the public. It’s focused on our groundbreaking Google Maps integration for 1-click wind analysis, featuring an automated Topographic Multiplier (Mt) calculator, terrain category averaging, definition of shielding buildings using satellite imagery, wind region detection, and lee zone detection and calculation for New Zealand.
The beta is completely free and can be shared with anyone you like. We’re looking to test it on a broad range of systems to stamp out the trickier bugs bugs that only appear under particular hardware/network/Windows configurations outside of our available testing environment. We appreciate your patience as the application evolves over the next few weeks/months, and let us know if you encounter something that isn’t right.