Since opening the CHECKWIND beta in August of last year, over 500 users have supported us by downloading, sharing and providing feedback. It’s taken longer than we hoped to get to this point, but we think you’ll agree it was worth the wait. We listened to your feedback and have rewritten and improved nearly every aspect of the program, which is available to download here.
All users who participated in the beta will be supplied with a free 3 month licence active from today as a sign of our gratitude, and will receive instructions on activation in a separate email.
- A simple interface which streamlines inputs for non-technical users.
- An advanced interface for experienced users to tweak every parameter.
- Support for AS/NZS 1170, ASCE 7-10, TIA-222-G, ASCE 7-16, and TIA-222-H.
- Automatic Wind Region, Lee Zone and Basic Wind Speed determination based on NIWA maps and ATC Windspeed data.
- Automatic shielding structure detection for the Shielding Multiplier (Ms) to AS/NZS 1170.
- Improved Topography Multiplier (Mt) calculation to AS/NZS 1170 including better feature detection and filtering of non-relevant results.
- Improved Topography Factor (Kzt) calculation to ASCE 7-10, ASCE 7-16, TIA-222-G and TIA-222-H including better feature detection and filtering of non-relevant results.
- Generate site reports based on ShedSafe criteria.
It’s not uncommon for me to hear engineers say “we just assume everything is 1.0 because it’s conservative”. Until now, it’s been too hard to utilise terrain category averaging or shielding. With CHECKWIND, you can safely and transparently reduce your wind pressures by more than 50% compared with the more “traditional” approach by just identifying your site on the map.