Since opening the CHECKWIND beta in August of last year, over 500 users have supported us by downloading, sharing and providing feedback. It’s taken longer than we hoped to get to this point, but we think you’ll agree it was worth the wait. We listened to your feedback and have rewritten and improved nearly every aspect of the program, which is available to download here.
All users who participated in the beta will be supplied with a free 3 month licence active from today as a sign of our gratitude, and will receive instructions on activation in a separate email.
- A simple interface which streamlines inputs for non-technical users.
- An advanced interface for experienced users to tweak every parameter.
- AS/NZS 1170: Automatic Wind Region and Lee Zone determination based on NIWA maps.
- AS/NZS 1170: Automatic shielding structure detection for the Shielding Multiplier (Ms).
- AS/NZS 1170: Automatic Topography Multiplier (Mt) calculation.
- ASCE 7-10/ASCE 7-16/TIA-222-G/TIA-222-H: Automatic Basic Wind Speed determination based on ATC Windspeed data.
- ASCE 7-10/ASCE 7-16/TIA-222-G/TIA-222-H: Automatic Topography Factor (Kzt) calculation.
- Generate site-specific PDF reports with satellite image overlays.
It’s not uncommon to hear engineers say “we assume everything is 1.0 because that’s conservative”. Until now, it’s been too hard to utilise terrain category averaging or shielding. With CHECKWIND, you can safely and transparently reduce your wind pressures by more than 50% compared with the more “traditional” approach by just identifying your site on the map.